Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Marshall House - Savannah, GA - Savannah's Haunted Bed & Breakfasts Part 1

In a previous blog about the hauntings of Savannah, I mentioned the three haunted bed & breakfasts that my wife and I stayed at during our two visits. The Marshall House, The Kehoe House & The 17 Hundred 90 Inn & Restaurant are all three fine places to stay and each has its' own collection of legends.  In fact, these three bed and breakfasts are known to be the most haunted places to reside while staying in Savannah, and each proved to have its' own unique character and supernatural surprises in store for us during our stay.

In this blog I will be reviewing the paranormal encounters that we experienced during our stay at
The Marshall House (click this link for the history of The Marshall House hauntings).


The Marshall House
The Marshall House

The hauntings of The Marshall House are too numerous to mention here but one stands out when I think back upon our stay at the oldest hotel in Savannah.  There was one story I read before we took the journey the first time, about a mother and son who were staying at The Marshall House several years ago.  The mother was in the bedroom and her son was in the bathroom.  The mother heard her son playing in the bathroom and talking (supposedly) to himself.  However, when the mother heard her son cry out she asked what was wrong and he said "the boy bit me".  She of course asked "what boy" and he said the one who he was playing with in the bathroom.  When the mother went into the bathroom she didn't see the boy but she did see a bite mark on her son.

The story stands out in my mind because of what happened to me on the second day we stayed at The Marshall House.  I woke up that morning and went directly into the bathroom and motioned to turn on the faucet to wash my face.  However, before I could, I felt a sharp pain on the left side of my stomach.  When I looked down I saw a cut that started to bleed as I watched in amazement.  I immediately tried to figure out what had happened, but I had not come in contact with anything on the short trip from the bed to the sink.  I retraced my steps and found no evidence that I had cut myself while sleeping or on the way to the bathroom. In addition to this very strange personal experience, I captured some photos of orbs near the front entrance of the hotel the following evening when we were returning from a ghost tour.

The Marshall House
The Marshall House
The Marshall House
The Marshall House
The Marshall House
The Marshall House
The Marshall House
The Marshall House
When we went across the street to take some photos of the facade of another building nearby we found an orb on the fifth floor moving from the window with the light on (in the first) to an area a couple windows over when we took the second photo a few seconds later.




Well that's all for now from The Marshall House.  Next up, The Kehoe House.

See my other posts at Savannah's Haunted Bed & Breakfasts Part 2 - The Kehoe House & Savannah's Haunted Bed & Breakfasts Part 3 - The 17 Hundred 90 Restaurant & Inn.



No comments:

Post a Comment